Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I have been asked many times, "how are you able to keep moving and progressing with all that has happened to you?" I've always answered, "I don't know, maybe my personality." It has clicked for me. I've tried to credit myself, while giving some credit to God or wording it like "God has given me strength." I believe the truth is Christ sustains me! As much as the human in me likes to say I worked on my strength, blah, blah, blah, and I have; I think it is only because of my faith in Jesus Christ. Now I'm not onen to sound like a Jesus freak, but the truth is God has been available, present, working and preparing me. If I didn't have the faith and the acceptance of Christ, God and all that he is, I would be...stuck. While I don't know a lot of scriptures or don't do all those things that are supposed to be done in Christians life my faith is the same. God has never left me without his help. When I've felt lost and alone sooner or later a person, a scripture, book, something is placed in my path to confirm God's hand inmy life. Like Sunday I picked up a magazine in the church hallway. An article title flew out at me; "I'm waging war on my insecurities". What have I been dealing with this past week? Insecurity. I've been dealing with insecurity for a lot longer, but this past week I decided to war with it. I will win. This example with the article is just one of many times I see God's grace and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment