Thursday, September 3, 2009

God and Humans

I have been rubbed wrong lately by some comments made to me about Jesus, God, Christ being my reason for living. I know these people mean this in the best possible way, but that is not how it is coming across to me. Quite frankly, I feel like saying, if that were the case than why the hell do we need each other? I have great reverence for God, but I am not going to pretend He is all I need on this earth. I know all you fellow Christians go ahead and have your freak out! Don't call me thinking I'm going to hell and I need you to bring me back to my faith! You need to understand for me, I look to God for guidance, I use the gifts He has given me and I live my life to the best of my human ability. But, God doesn't audibly talk to me, doesn't answer when I have an immediate question and doesn't give me a hug when I need one. You see, it sometimes makes a person seem self righteous when they say Jesus is all they need in response to some one's desire for deep relationship with another. We all need God and He is just as important to me as He is to you, maybe on different levels, but I intend on embracing the desire for human contact and relationships.

1 comment:

  1. We do need each other. God made Adam and saw his need for a mate. Then God made Eve. It would be a terrible world without marriage relationships. It's not just about sex. That is just a minute portion of a marriage. As you know, at one time, I was determined not to remarry, but God put Wade in my life and I am enriched by his love for me and the fact that we can share our daily lives--not always perfect times, but certainly precious. When his wife died, he vowed he would never marry again, but God changed his mind after we met. He understands the loneliness, the empty place in your life. We all need others. I love you!

    ReplyDelete