Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trapped

I'm spoiled. I have always had David to take care of me...emotionally, physically, and financially. He was always willing to do almost anything for me. I find myself with the most trapped feeling. Is this my life? I suppose that maybe I took for granted the freedom I had to go out and be me for a while. David was willing to spend 2-3 times a week alone for me to play roller derby, of all things. Why? Because he knew it made me happy and gave me something that was my own. It freaking sucks to be 'stuck'! I am no longer free to come and go as I please. Apparently I really took this for granted! I used to think what slackers my friend's husbands were that couldn't watch there own kids for their wife to go out for a few minutes. I used to think, maybe a little too smugly, how I had it so good that my husband could handle it. How I didn't ever consider enough of how overwhelmed these friends of mine must have felt. Now these friends are divorced and get their every other weekend of solitude. While I wouldn't have wanted to be divorced I envy that they still have their other half to help them, however little that may be at times. This blog probably makes little sense right now because, well, I'm not thinking straight right now... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment