Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Changes

All the new sitcoms have started. David and I had always waited with anticipation for the start of the new TV seasons. It is definitely not the same now. I am enjoying them but not nearly as much. I never realized how much fun it really is to have someone to share it with. It seems like such a silly thing, but I miss it. When 'Friends' was still on if one of us couldn't be home to watch we would DVR or back in the day VCR the show and wait until we could watch it together. When the song for the introduction came on we always clapped when they clapped in the song! We had this little competition between us of who would remember to clap first. We always laughed at that!

Another thing I find to be more difficult to enjoy on my own is taking the girls to the pool. First off we lost our privileges at Dave's company pool so I have a gym membership now and we go to that pool. However, the girls and I went one last time to the company pool before our time was up and man, I couldn't believe how weird it was for me or how sad! I have pondered, why is it that it would matter Dave not being here at all with us? It is not as if he came every time to the pool with us because he certainly did not. I have come to the conclusion that it is like everything thing else. There is finality. There will no longer be times of waiting for him to meet us at the pool after he gets off from work, no sharing the funny stunts the girls do at the pool, or our long hugs and holding each other in the pool while the girls played. I find myself sitting and observing. I haven't been able to bring myself to play and let loose with them. I think right now the pool time has become a babysitter so to speak. I can sit without entertaining the girls. I don't know. Life has changed and this is one of the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment